Translate

Friday, May 8, 2015

Writing for Wikihow !

I have always been very impressed with wikihow. Its a site for one and everyone. No matter what you want to know about, may it be getting rid of a stain in your dress, taking an interview, balancing work life or buying a pet. Wikihow has tips for everything. The wikihow concept is about sharing what you know and other wikihowians would edit/add on to, the information shared to make it more effective.
I have personally found wikihow very useful and thought about contributing to it. It was my way of giving back.

Writing for wikihow is however quite different than writing for other online portals. The base article you start is improvised by one and many. Its the article which takes the precedence and not the author/contributors. When you read a wikihow article you hardly take a note of who wrote it no-matter how helpful the article may be. Its more like an anonymous contribution.
I was therefore quite delighted when I received the below email in my inbox.



While writing is always a joy, the knowledge that your writing has helped someone brings greater happiness.

Here few of the wikihow articles I had composed:



Happy Wikihowing !

No comments: