Translate

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

From an Intellectual to a Romantic !




After having the book proposal for my supposedly "intellectual" novel rejected by a reputed traditional publishing house, I was sharing my woes and feelings of dejection with my friend.

She said: "Dont lose heart Charu, ...Continue enhancing your heavy duty novel...However , in the meantime Why dont you write something ...light ?"

I: "What do you mean something light !!"

My Friend: "Yeah something lighter, ...something more entertaining,...something more fun.. like Romance !" And her eyes lit up as she said stressed upon the last word.

I: "You want me to write something shallow?"

My friend: "Oh Romance is not shallow. It makes life beautiful. Love is a emotion so pure , so dream like that no one can help being effected." And she smiled again.

She got me thinking. Inspired by her , I decided to write Romance. It took me a few days to finish my story and when it finished was when all the trouble begun !

What I wrote was neither a short story nor a full length novel. Who would publish it ? And I didn't have the heart to drag the story further only to increase the word count.
Finally Newconceptspublishing decided to publish my work in ebook format. Thanks Madris DePasture for having faith in me and my work.

I want the book to do well so that NewConceptspublishing can continue supporting authors like me.
Though the book is about Romance, it does have a soul. It is based on the basic premise that no matter where we come from it is not alright to be judgemental. We can love if we judge. We cannot be truly happy and accept people in our lives if we judge. The book helped me discover a romantic in me and hope the readers enjoy the book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

The book is dedicated to the those impractical guys who believe in love at first sight, to the girls who think with heart.
To the girls who love reading mills and boon, and to the boys who love those girls.
The below is the link to the ebook. Its only a click away :)

https://www.newconceptspublishing.com/product-page/tell-me-you-are-mine

No comments: