Translate

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Go Paleo !!!


I recently bought a copy of the book "Paleo Beginners" at amazon.com and wrote a review for it.
Consider the link below
Paleo-Diet-Beginners-Complete-ebook

And here it goes:

Being a foodie, I am always looking out for new recipes and cuisines which would please my fine tuned taste palette but without compromising my health. I had heard about Paleo diets. I was interested to know more about them but I did not know where to begin with. I stumbled across the book "Paleo Beginners: The Complete Paleo Diet Guide With 30 Days Of Paleo Recipes" while browsing at amazon and it was the best thing that could have happened to me in the last few days. This is the first Paleo diet book that I have read and it has fueled my interest in the Paleo lifestyle.

The book is very engaging. Not for a minute did I want to put down the book while reading it. For the book is not only about recipes and cooking but it was like exploring a philosophy. The philosophy of healthy dieting and lifestyle. It was about the philosophy of Paleo living, which actually signifies the very of life of our rough and tough ancestors.

The book helps provide tips for a gradual transition from our dietary habits of eating preserved and processed food to eating the unprocessed and unadulterated food filled with nature's goodness. The book describes the correct approach for shedding pounds and living healthy and optimally. It stresses about dieting correctly without suppressing hunger or going low on energy. I got to know how simple and effective the Paleo diet really is. There are also tips for shopping and stocking Paleo diet items, such as what kind of organic food to look for and where, thumbs up!

Another thing I like about this book is the Paleo recipes. Pancakes, muffins, casseroles, deserts, you name it! How often are you allowed to eat these food when you're on a "diet". I'm thrilled! They are actually fairly simple recipes. I tried my hands on a few dishes and I am planning to try out a recipe a day (to mark my Paleo month). Perhaps, I even could maintain a journal about my culinary experiments (the "Julie and Julia" way). My personal favorites from the book are Almond power pancakes and Whipped sweet potato casserole.

The book is written in a friendly and considerate manner. It is opt for Paleo beginners like me who would not feel very comfortable with jargon and esoteric verbiage. The authors really knows their stuff. I also found that they have penned half a dozen cook books on Paleo diet. Maybe I will try them out as well.

No comments: